February 20, 2011

history repeats, when does it stop?!?

While reviewing some medical journals this week I stumbled upon a treatment that was new and ground breaking, and then think to myself that this was talked about 20+ years ago, and it seems like its getting another round.

I watch some TV shows and notice similarities between those I watched long ago, and then I think to some of the movies that are out and many seem to be a rehash of ones that have already come and gone.

Then there is the abortion debate heating up again, along with unions. Isn't there enough going on with the financial crisis that we need to put these age old debates and histories to rest for a bit?

Then there is the world with all of the uprisings here and there, revolutions and such, and I think hasn't this already happened before?

I seems as if there is nothing new anymore, maybe I can drag out an old blog post or two, post them and no one will know the difference? Well I suppose I could if I posted more and had too many to remember.

Then I think of the lives of many transgender, and how many get it right opposed to those who just repeat over and over again. Is there anything new? I know they say history repeats itself but why? Is there not enough ways to gather information so that you don't repeat? I can say I sit idle or even have learned from my past which path I choose and I do hope history doesn't repeat as I know my spouse feels the same way, and that is probably her biggest fear, is that history will repeat itself. I do hope it doesn't and seem to be aware of myself enough that I know when to apply a stop break and regroup.

So am I exceptional, I don't think so, although I have been told I think out of the box and am exceptional. I still think that I don't but it does sink in enough for me not to be aggravated with things at times. What is the problem? My first instinct is that we don't hold others accountable, or accountable enough. The medical article I read should have never been published, they investigater should have been told thank you, but its not new information, so we won't print it. But see they were from John's Hopkins...so maybe it was their clout. Maybe if someone has enough clout they can push an old idea so that no one challenges it, or maybe we are too apathetic to care, and so history continue to repeat.

Maybe history repeats until it fails...I can say that may have happened in many cases I know of. So are we doomed in 20 years to see that they have remade the A-Team movie again, and will do so until no one will watch it? Although it seems that was its last showing. What about all of the Marvel stories coming out? Same recipe, will they continue till we don't go see them again? What about history and unrest in the world will that repeat? I believe the answer to all of my questions are "yes."

Moral of the blog...watch for repetition and call it as you see it. Don't forget to hold other responsible for quality and not quantity, especially when they start to repeat, especially when they start to repeat, especially when they start to repeat. ENOUGH!

2 comments:

Calie said...

I've got a feeling that there is a lot of hidden meaning in this post, Bree. But, for you and your family, I guess repetition is not a good thing.

I'm curious if the medical article had anything to do with trans issues.

Calie xxx

Osias said...

With the rapid advances in knowledge, several techniques were used to create the vagina; however, Dr. Juta”s technique is one of a kind, “The Scarless Sexchange” wherein there will be no visible scar on the labia majora after the operation. Certainly, he is the only doctor performing a high quality SRS “Scarless Sex change” in Thailand today. With Dr. Juta, you can achieve a successful outcome both in appearance and function, and there are far lesser incidents of complications. The goal of Doctor Juta is to create female sexual organs that look as natural as possible and that allow as much sexual arousal as possible.

http://maletofemalesrsthailand.blogspot.com